Lakers Lake Swim 2019
Going off the 2018 swimmers participation we should see a huge entry list and great weather predicted it’s shaping up to be an amazing day!
Friday Evening 23rd February 18:00 to about 21:00
Aim to arrive around 17:30
Swim Briefing at 17:45 with an expected finish around 21:00
Location: Tiranna Way West Lakes, just off Fredrick Rd.
As it is a club event, adult participants should be club members (unless special permission requested and waiver signed). Non- member children may participate. No cost.
6km Individual swim: (over and back 3 times)
- Race briefing at 17:45, wetsuits not allowed if temperature is above 24.5 Degrees Celsius (TA Rules).
- Bring “grease/oil’ to protect neck from 6km of “wetsuit rub”. BRING WATER BOTTLES.
- First swimmer off at 18:00. Times according to large digital clocks.
- Start between the green flags and finish at water’s edge near the club flag.
- Bright GREEN Swim caps (supplied) to be worn by all competitors.
- Water bottles to be left on Lake edge or given to Water Cover Kayakers
- PRIZES: Fastest Male, Fastest Female, Fastest Graded winner.
Teams event: 1km, 2km, 3km, 4km or 5km swimmers.
Race briefing at 17:45.
1km, 3km or 5 km changeover: walk along edge of lake over the bridge to sandy beach on the Island. A Lakers flag will be there in the sand.
- First team off at 18:15
- Start between the green flags and finish at waters edge near club flag.
- All swimmers must wear bright, coloured team swim caps supplied.
- For safety reasons, the “water cover kayakers are available. If in difficulty, swimmers should stop and wave one hand above head.
- Prizes: for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed teams.
Kids events: older and younger age group races; please add names and ages to list on notice board. Kid’s race starts approx. 20:00. High Fives for all participants.
Tea/Dinner: 19:30 onwards.
Note: In the event of an EPA warming against swimming in the Lake the swim will be replaced by a fun run with breakfast continuing as planned.