Annual Lakers 5/25 Run
Pencil in a Sunday in late June as the date for this year’s 5-25 run. This run involves your choice of 1-5 laps of a 5km circuit along the beach front (hence the name 5-25 as you chose how far you want to go), stay tuned for more info.
This is a perfect hit out for those heading to gold coast for the marathon the following weekend or to just find out where your fitness is at.
Meet at 8 for 8.15am start at west beach surf life savings club corner of Seaview and west beach road. We have a flat 5 km course you can complete 1-5 times. This is also our first mid winter catch up post cairns so if you just want to come and socialise then get along for breakfast in the surf club as people finish their run.
To get you into race mode, the club has organised a 5 to 25 km run hit out.
- Location: West beach surf life savings club corner of Seaview and West Beach Road.
- Date: Sunday late June. (To be advised)
- Time: 8 for 8.15am start (although if you are doing a shorter distance you can join in at a later stage if you wish)
- Distance – anything from 5 to 25 km
- The course: a multi‐lap out and back course
- Takes you 1.25 km north towards Torrens outflow, (turn around just before the bridge) back to the start line then 1.25km south along the Esplanade walk (turn around at end of back Sewage farm) and back to the start to complete 1 lap
- You can complete 1‐5 laps of it depending on your journey i.e.
marathoners go full distance,
1⁄2 marathoners 15‐20,
Barossa duathletes 10 km and can do a ride after the run, 5 km for short course athletes.
- The multi‐laps with set 1 km markers gives you a chance to work on your pacing and heart rates in preparation for the marathon
- Catering: At the West Beach surf life savings club, you can leave your drinks at the start line and grab a drink every lap. I am sure there will be a coffee & breakfast consumed at West Beach surf life savings club after the event.
- Who: anyone can do the run, so bring your friends if you like
- Safety issues: Please note other members of the community will be running and riding along the path so please stick to the left at all times, and watch traffic entering the west beach boat ramp
See you there